Last week, I took the plunge of a lifetime for myself. I accepted an internship, packed up my belongings and moved from Ottawa to Toronto. The city 5 hours away from my home town is my new home for the next several of months. And if things go according to plan, hopefully my new and permanent home.
I've always loved Toronto and the fast paced atmosphere it's downtown core offers. Compared to corporate Ottawa, Toronto has that and so much more to offer me. With a large majority of the nation's creative core located in this city, I'll finally have the chance to expand my blog and experience in the field of social media.
With the move, I've had to say goodbye to my close friends, family and boyfriend. But the 5 hour drive away won't stop me from going home often to visit them. So far, I have trips planned for every 2-3 weeks to return home and visit my loved ones. The next one being next weekend, you can be sure I'm more than excited to see my family and friends. It definitely was hard the first couple of nights, but my loving boyfriend accompanied me here for the move and was able to stay with me for a couple of days. He helped me unload my belongings and reassured me that everything would be ok. At first I thought that the worst part would be adjusting from seeing him everyday to seeing him once every 2-3 weeks. I quickly realized that the moments we get to spend together would be much more appreciated this way and that our time together would be sweeter. In about a week I'll be able to see him again and everyday I wake up feeling giddy knowing that I'm one day closer.
For the time being, we stay in touch mainly through iMessage and Skype. Even though we're 5 hours away from each other, we'll always be connected. Here's how my past week in Toronto has been through a recap of my Instagram.
- Enjoying a bowl of ramen with friends the afternoon before I was truly to be on my own in Toronto
- A night out with the significant other a couple weeks before while arranging my future stay in the new city
- Enjoying creature comforts, well at least my creature comforts (love me some macarons!)
- My favorite go to sandwhich when I'm trying to stay healthy. Is anyone interested in a recipe?
- I lightened my hair for the summer quite a few weeks ago
- Literally today's outfit, plus a cute new gift from work! Thanks guys!
- I'm now obsessed with cold-pressed juicing but it's so expensive! Doe anyone else have more affordable alternatives in the city?
- Spent an entire day strolling the harbor front with the significant other and another couple, one of the more entertaining days I've had in awhile
- Millie's Creperie is hands down the best crepe shack in the city!
Labels: blogging, change, instagram, internship, Toronto, travel